Thursday, March 26, 2009

26.3.2009

Life at work has been extremely hectic. Lunch appointments made in haste. Blood pressure rising during long meetings. Sometimes it’s unbearable.

Yet, I love the fact that I am working. My dad was right, I was never meant to be domesticated. He was surprised one day when I bought tea. He was like- you’re not domesticated enough to go out and buy tea! Me: yeah rite. Pls I actually visit the grocery shop!

I think that when you have a career, 1) you have a reason to complain- about work, people and a lot of things ☺ 2) you gain self satisfaction when you learn something new everyday 3) you see a future 4) you have a lot of things to talk about other than just husbands, kids, famly, cooking, housekeeping (which are not in my favourite discussion list to begin with).
I really salute some of my friends at work, who are balancing a solid career and family/kids. Most of them go without a daily helper, and yet they give 101% at work. They are so efficient that we forget they actually have another life at home. A life, which is equally important yet, they stand strong and still fun to be with. All the time. This I truly admire.
Right now, a major part of my life (and F’s life ) revolves around the work that we do. We are constantly involved with work; yet he is such a great supporter of the things that I do. Many times, he has more confidence in me than I have in myself. It’s pathetic, but it’s the truth!
I’m happy (and hope i can stay grateful) I finally found some positive things in the things that I do to earn a living. I hope this is and forever will be my cloud with a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment