Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Names

Since i have not started working yet, and ive not been reading much except for baby books (which i can open a library soon!), so the blog is gonna be all Luqmanism..hehe.
Somebody came to me and asked how we came up with Luq's name. Someone even commented, she thot i would have an ultra modern name for my child like Daniel or something (LOL it's not even that modern!).

Actually it was very easy. I found Luqman's name in the Quran, as i was reading it one nite. I read the surah many many times throughout my pregnancy, and as i read the interpretations of Surah Luqman, it captured me that the name is a good name for our son. There are many stories behind the name. I love it, it's simple short and meaningful. All my children will have short names. F has started calling Luq even when in utero. When Luq was born, the name suits him perfectly, with an addition of Muhammad in front.

i believe that children should be given nice, meaningful names. In a way i feel it's easier to name boys than girls, but then again i could be prejudiced :p
I believe that when you give a good name to a child, every time we call the child it's like a doa to the child. I pray that my baby Luqman will grow up and become a good man, just like his name :p

1 comment: