Monday, August 9, 2010

Co sleep with lion cub

When i brought the baby home from the hospital, i introduced him to a sleep routine quickly. I dimmed the lights and switched the aircon to cool, not making too much noise that could wake him up. In the first month he woke up every other hour for feedings. By the third month he has managed to sleep through the nite, and alhamdulillah at 7 months he continues to sleep through the night until about 4 to 5 for some bfeeding. It helps a lot with some formula milk before bedtime, if not baby will get hungry faster, but for most mothers ;bfeed or mixed feed that is their choice to make.
I am such a great advocate of co-sleeping. I just loveee sleeping with my child. I love having him in my arms, just next to me, kissing his soft cheeks. I know that there are so many benefits of things like babywearing, no-walker policy and co-sleeping. But now that Luq is bigger, he sleeps earlier than us, and he also tends to roll to the left and right and hopefully he does not fall off the big big bed without us noticing. I plan to introduce the baby cot to him slowly. Right now he only uses the cot to play. I will need to place the cot next to my bed and he sleeps in the cot whilst i sleep on the bed. That way he is close enough for me to watch him sleep, and if he needs a feed i can just scoop him up for him to join me on the family bed. Sigh, i love kissing him and caressing him at night when he is next to me, but just have to accept that my lil lion cub is growing up super fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment