Sometimes i wonder how our parents did it. My parents had 5 kids, and before there was 5, the 4 of us grew up together. Both my parents worked. Very hard. I remember my dad used to work late nights. But i also remember that my mother also worked, but other times when she was not at work, she was with us all the time. The stay in maid was put in charge when my mom went to work, and those times when my mom was not around life was hell. Not because i hated the maid, or that i was sick. But mostly because i needed my mother. I needed to see her face, i needed her touch, i needed her to cook for me and make me my ribena in the bottle. I cried at times when she drove away or out for work. I never knew why. I never understood why other people had to take her away even for the briefest moment. My mother belonged to me. She was my world, my life.
My son needs me now. he is my world, my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment