One of the most fun things to do with a 6-9 month old baby is to prepare his solids! I have to admit i have been rather limited on Luq’s menu, simply because he had eczema in his earlier months. So i don’t feed him any citrus fruits, no corns yet and no fish until he is about 1 year old. Luq now is simply my vegetarian baby!
I started with pureed pumpkin, sweet potato, pears and apples. He loves them all, but he refused avocado. For breakfast, he has his portion of baby organic oats and fresh banana. I have now introduced the Cerelac baby oats and prunes to him because the organic oats are not easily available. I still add some banana to the cerelac. He sometimes nibble on papayas or mangoes for dessert. Yummy kan?
I also have to admit that we have only recently started on rice. This maybe weird as rice is our staple food. But my dad was telling me that too much rice can actually make the baby really fat. And just rice does not offer the baby all the nutrition he needs. So what i do now is i add a portion of rice to his vege purees, just for that kenyang feeling. But i don’t need to have rice at all meals and my baby is fine.
My mum has started introducing anchovies. Soon we will try blended beef or chicken. I think my baby’s fav is pumpkin+sweet potato+ broccoli. I play around with some green vege at every meal, insisting that my son must like his greens! Other greens that i plan to offer are green peas and asparagus. Other colourful vegetables suitable for babies are red cabbage and carrot!
No comments:
Post a Comment