Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Long winded

Long winded is the last thing i want to be. But it's long winded that has got me gripped on : Russian Literature.
ahhh it's just so beautiful and touches the heart. Such simple tales. Inconvenience of love.

I stumbled across Anton Chekhov's creation when this character in a book/movie was reading The lady and the Little Dog. I googled this short story and it was available online. I am halfway reading it. It's like eating a sweet caramel on a beautiful sunny day. You have to read it slowy, maybe repeat a phrase or two, and swallow, slowly digesting the beauty of the literature. Such simple yet meaningful written words that create a short story. I'm just slowly sucking it in...letting it melt slowly.. I am soo in love with Chekhov rite now!

But the books are not so easily available. Borders had some overpriced ones that i am eyeing. MPH almost none. Times didnt have the book with the dog story. Any other Chekhow lover's out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment